Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thats MY word!

I love this word. When I found this little knick knack at Goodwill I knew exactly where it would belong. Ignore the Christmas motif, this is my word year round.

John 15:11 These things I have written to you, that My JOY may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.

Galatians 5:22,23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, JOY, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness, self control, against such things there is no law.

James 1:2 Consider it all JOY my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Seems to me, God has offered me joy. I can experience it when I am walking in obedience to Gods Word, when I don't feel it, I need to check my barometer. Does it point to lack of commitment? Am I negligent in my Bible reading? Do I pray? Am I walking by the flesh? Do I trust God with the details of my life? Can I look at my trials as growth periods?

In all the ins and outs of daily living, of being a wife,of raising 7 children, of watching them take wings and fly, of being a good friend and neighbor, I see the steady thread of joy, and I love that word. It doesn't mean I'm always happy, doesn't mean I don't feel down sometimes, but it is what I strive for. I know God wants me to be joyful, and even when it is very hard, I focus on it. Whatever happens, I have a reason to be joyful. I have a Savior who loved me enough to die for me, numbers even the *gray* hairs on my head, cares for me more than the lilies of the field and the birds of the air. I have a loving heavenly Father who gives me good gifts, I have a comforting Holy Spirit who indwells me and helps me in my daily journey to become more like Christ. I am God's girl. And in the end, that is what matters most!


Anything less than joy, is doubting that He knows best for me

4 comments:

  1. PS> I like the look/feel of your blog right now....could be that I'm just partial to the pink though! ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kait. I like it too. More summery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful to have grown up under your example of seeking joy in happy times and in difficulties. Especially now, just three weeks away from my wedding and looking forward to creating a home...I hope to cultivate an atmosphere of joy just as you have throughout the years, mom!

    ReplyDelete